Followers

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Rock the boat for progress

Most of the human beings live their life purely believing in 'Superstition' which is a speculation or belief based on repeated sayings by someone elder to us. For example "A widow crossing you is a bad Oman!"
There are two school of thoughts or paradigms to run our life:
1. Fate runs our life. 
2. We run our life.

Each paradigm makes us to take different actions to negotiate life situations. One word I hated the most is "Fate" which gives a licence for 'putting the blame on someone else' and do nothing about a given situation. Most of the achievers in life are the ones who took charge of their life as the 'Captain of their soul'. Here is my life experience as an anecdote:
Like any other child born in this nation in 50's I was denied the very basic needs of life - food, clothing & education. I could study only in vernacular medium in a government school later polytechnic for engineering and so on. I used to carry only butter milk rice bath made out of previous days left overs for my lunch and so on. I always did not want to accept that 'it is my fate & I am destined to suffer'. On the other hand all this tough times made me more rugged and optimistic.
I always kept on dreaming for what I missed in life; for example studying in top engineering college or IIT. It did not cost me anything for dreaming. Some times I felt what missed in this life can be aspired only in next life. It did not mater to me when my dreams will materialise; in this life or later.
I always felt there is something better out there if I am willing to explore. When I was in high school I used to wonder where the end of Village Road goes as I have never gone beyond the village!
Later I moved from my village to the nearest town and later to one of the Metros in search of opportunities. One day in my teens I saw people boarding the Bombay train. They were very cheerful & happy than my natives and felt I must live in this place one day. This dream brought me to Bombay where I became an entrepreneur at the age of 49 to build a World class consulting house.
I always found the following formula in life works:
1. We are the captain of our ship (life) and we will chose to steer the way I want.
2. Believe in oneself as we have used only 1% of our resources and 99 is waiting to manifest.
3. Be optimistic of life as all will be well.
4. Never accept status quo and be satisfied with what you have now. There is a bright future awaits you there in future.
5. 'Rock the boat' have courage in taking risk as it is the only way you move forward. "Choose the path no one travelled"
With whole of my heart
NC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree or disagree to the shared views?

CHANGE MANAGEMENT

NOT INVENTED HERE SYNDROME NIHS’ - acronym of ‘Not Invented Here Syndrome’ is killer for best practices adoption. Human beings are rebelliou...