Followers

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Root Cause of Misery

40% of the people in the most developed country are surviving with the help of psychiatric, anti-depressants and sleeping pills. But the science has provided them "Comforts" of the highest order! It won't be an exaggeration If I say "They are comfortably miserable or trying hard to sleep in their water bed".
Why this misery if comfort can make you happy? It is predicted that half century from now 50% of the people in these countries will commit suicide because life is going to be a burden for them. The wealth lost its ability to keep them alive is the fact.
While I drive through during midnight in Bombay I feel jealous to see the poor people merrily in deep sleep in the median without a bed or a pillow!! This is paradoxical to compare our rich guys taking sleeping pills and rolling in the water bed?
This raises a fundamental question in my mind why every educated Indian wants to run away to US in search of this misery? I see parents feeling very proud to say both their children are in U.S. Alas where is this civilisation is moving?
Anecdote:

Recently I met a senior scientist who has lived in the U.S. For two decades come back to India for good was saying "I came back to India as my daughter is 11 now and I don't want her to grow up any further in that culture. This the last chance for me to come back because she will refuse after two years"

Parents wants India for education, culture & value and also keep their investments safe but not for developing this country. I heard once "If you want good Indian coffee or IITians go to U.S." When we want to "take" all the time and don't want to "give", the misery starts. As Sadguru says "Content can never make you happy, but the context will!"
The content here is good infrastructure, car, bungalow, water bed and the whole lot of attraction in U.S. But the context is how one values mother and mother land.
With whole of my heart
NC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree or disagree to the shared views?

CHANGE MANAGEMENT

NOT INVENTED HERE SYNDROME NIHS’ - acronym of ‘Not Invented Here Syndrome’ is killer for best practices adoption. Human beings are rebelliou...