Followers

Saturday, March 12, 2016

How to banish worry? - Tips-3 Positive Assertions

Enough have been spoken about 'Power of Positive Thinking' starting from Norman Vincent Peale days. In the self development section of any book stall you find enough of these stuff. Merely reading them gives an intellectual appreciation only, but no practical value except yet another bragging rights.
One of the tips Dale Carnegie gave was 'Live in a day tight compartment'. Let's see what does this mean?
Our Masters advice us, to live in peace we must learn to live in the 'Present Moment' ie one moment at a time. This piece of advice did not appeal to us till a Westerner packaged the same in a different phrase. Let's look at this advice through a different lens.
Starting & Ending the Day:
When I get up in the morning first thing I do is to express my gratitude to my creator for keeping me alive as I am not one among those one million people don't wake up ! The next thing I do is to declare that it is going to be a 'wonderful day' and I will banish all my negative thoughts and substitute positive in their place.
Next, When I am in the bathroom I express my wonderment of all that is functioning well in my body and thank almighty for being kind to me. When we keep asserting positive energy and be thankful to all that is positive we tend to eliminate despondency.
Before eating my lunch I say the prayer which Lord Krishna says in Gita "The food is you, the eater is you, the digester is you. I thank you my Lord for blessing me with this food, the ability to eat and digest"
During the day I remind my mind to focus on the job on hand and not the thoughts about past and future. This improves my focus and effectiveness. I remember what Andrew Carnegie the richest man in the World said about the secret of his success as the ability to concentrate only on each day's actions.
When I close the day I thank the almighty for helping me to live one day at a time and surrender myself to his lotus feet. Then I start sleeping as though I am lying down in my Lords lap like a baby. I also mention in my prayer seeking peace in my body, mind & intellect. At the end I mention " My Lord It is thy will to keep me alive the next day. If you do, I will live one day at a time'
This way I found I have less luggage to carry as it is "ONE DAY AT A TIME"

Jai Gurudev
Love you all
With whole of my heart
NC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree or disagree to the shared views?

CHANGE MANAGEMENT

NOT INVENTED HERE SYNDROME NIHS’ - acronym of ‘Not Invented Here Syndrome’ is killer for best practices adoption. Human beings are rebelliou...