Be Conscious of Consciousness
Before we embark on Personality Development tips we need to know some basics of our human anatomy such as:
- What is the mechanism of our being?
- How do they function?
- Where is the Control room situated?
- How to operate these controls?
In this process we have identified the following "Instruments & their functions"
- Body - the physical self which has the function of 'Perception' which means capturing signals through 5 senses. Also contains 5 output devises to execute the actions based on the command (Feeling or thought)
- Mind - the processing operating system which can only "FEEL" and respond for actions.
- Intellect - the rationale thinker which can "THINK" and take decision and free of emotions.
All the above can take place only when we are having "Consciousness" meaning when we are in a coma state for example, in spite of all instruments available they will not function. This implies that we need another entity in us by virtue of it we understand and interact with the external world which is referred as "Consciousness".
There are many states of 'Consciousness' in which a common man is aware of three which are:
- Waking state of consciousness
- Dream state of consciousness
- Deep sleep state of consciousness
Our experiences of this World happens when we are awake in which all 5 senses function. This is called 'Waking state of consciousness'.
When we sleep we get dreams which is known as 'Dreaming state of consciousness' in which all our 5 senses are cut off and if the telephone bell rings our ears will get the stimuli but the mind will not process it.
In the mid night we don't get any dreams which is called 'Dreamless state of Consciousness'. We are almost dead in this state and there is no difference between a noble man and a criminal in this state of a being! Strangely something in us is present which when we wake up connects the past with the present! If not we will become insane. For example when you wake up in the morning first thing your mind does is connect the last incidence or experience of yesterday with this moment for continuity.
The "Trilog" referred in Veda are not physical above the sky, but metaphysical. You can be 'Only' be present in any one of the 3 state at any time. What is the earthly use of knowing it? The lessons to follow will take you to different plane of consciousness.
Please wait for some more lessons.
Jai Gurudev. Love NC