Followers

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Thoughts to Myself - Insight vs Information

What is the difference between information, knowledge, wisdom and insight.

When I was in primary school my teacher taught me 'There are 5 continents'; later I came to know there are 6 !! My teacher gave me an information which was correct at that point in time which is 'INFORMATION' and has limited value. 

Later I learned about six sigma from Dr Mikel Harry who is my Master. This was a decade ago for my consulting profession. This is 'KNOWLEDGE' which has longer shelf life and utility than information as there are many people who have not gone to school may not even know this planet earth was a supercontinent once and absence of this knowledge in no way affects their life.

In my Middle Ages I was an angry young man waiting like a volcano to explode. My Mentor opened my eyes on this. Once I realized how my temperament was affecting my career growth, I restrained from it and started growing rapidly. This is 'WISDOM' which is a 'Learning by application'. Wisdom gave a bigger returns than knowledge and information.

When I heard Swami Chinmayananda about God principle I realized we are 'God in human form' and the true happiness is in our very nature. We are deluded by material pursuits for happiness and Indulgence is not the purpose of life but Realizing God in us is the very reason we are human. This is an 'INSIGHT' which helped me to be compassionate towards everyone and feel happy for 'No reasons'. Insight made my life. 

In Summary:

@ A 'Teacher' gives Information.
@ A 'Master' gives KNOWLEDGE
@ A 'Mentor' gives 'Wisdom'
@ A 'Guru' gives 'INSIGHTS'

Surrender to my Lord Krishna
Please redeem me from this false Maya of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree or disagree to the shared views?

CHANGE MANAGEMENT

NOT INVENTED HERE SYNDROME NIHS’ - acronym of ‘Not Invented Here Syndrome’ is killer for best practices adoption. Human beings are rebelliou...