Followers

Monday, December 28, 2015

Parenting - Bullying

When I was in school one of my classmate 'Mari' always used to 'Harass' me and make me cry. He will trip my leg while running, kick me while playing foot ball and so on to get an idea. Going to school was a nightmare for me fearing my 'Bully'. This need not happen in school and in fact vast majority of parents 'Bully' their children in the name of 'Disciplining them'. Constant 'bullying' destroys the confidence of the child as it feels invalidatedevery time and feels 'I am no good'. This constant 'self talk' programs them as Inhibitive human beings. One of the reason an average Indian is 'Meek & passive' is due to this parental mistake.
On the contrary in the US if the parents even raise their voice, the child will call 911 and they will book them on 'Domestic violence' and put behind the bars. One of the reason the children growing as strong & independent' personality in the west is they never faced constant 'put down'.
Hence my dear parents:
1. Don't feel your power by being a dictator at home.
2. Don't be a 'Perfection freak' and expect your child to do everything perfect.
3. If your child is mischievous, don't shout at them. Instead keep the breakable item beyond his reach.
4. Your love towards the child is unquestionable. But it should reflect in your actions that prevents destroying his personality.
5. If your child refuses to go to school check out for a bully like my 'Mari' in school and take action.
Wish you happy parenting.
Whole of my heart 
NC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree or disagree to the shared views?

CHANGE MANAGEMENT

NOT INVENTED HERE SYNDROME NIHS’ - acronym of ‘Not Invented Here Syndrome’ is killer for best practices adoption. Human beings are rebelliou...