A wise father shared several of his wisdoms with his grown up children closer to end of life. I wish to write my commentary on each of those pearls of wisdoms for your transformation. Here is the first one what the father said:
"Do not bear grudge towards those who are not good to you. No one has the responsibility of treating you well, except your mother and I. To those who are good to you, you have to treasure it and be thankful, and ALSO you have to be cautious, because, everyone has a motive for every move. When a person is good to you, it does not mean he really likes you. You have to be careful, don't hastily regard him as a real friend"
In the first part the father says, no one is obligated to be good to you even when they are, it means they want some favour from you as Vivekananda said, 'In this material World all are selfish except your parents'.
In professional life people are extremely polite and friendly; is it genuine? Never as we have some motive in all our professional endeavours.
The only genuine relationship & love is what the parents extends to their children. If we can't distinguish real from unreal we are stupid.
1. Parents love towards their loved ones is the only real and all else are fake.
2. Beware of all other relations which are fake and unreal as the other party wants something from you.
3. We generally believe fake is real and real as fake. Alas what a stupid beings we are?
4. When we receive a genuine love from someone we never value it. In the absence of love from parents we would have become insane.
5. We have no gratitude for what we received. Hence your children are waiting to abuse you as a result of your karma.
With whole of my heart