Followers

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Content & Context for Peaceful life

In one of the interviews Jaggy was asked "How do I manage stress?" He was puzzled to know why human beings have to 'manage' something which is of no value to them? I could understand we have to manage our business, family, properties etc which has a return on investment of efforts but why manage 'Stress'?.
When I was young I never heard of this word 'Stress' except during my mechanical engineering course where my professor taught me about the stress in the Applied Mechanics class. He said "Whenever a material offers a resistance to a force it develops a stress". Taking cue from mechanical stress 'Only when we offer resistance for life events it results in stress'. For example if I push my hand into the water, it does not develop a stress as water never offers resistance but still it is the most powerful entity of creation. Jaggy explains why the modern man is always stressed like a taught rubber band and how he can re-educate himself for attaining freedom from the killer stress!
Jaggy defines 'CONTENT' as what is presented to us in life upon which we have no control; for example 'traffic jam' or 'nagging wife'. The 'CONTEXT' is what our interpretations are upon which we have control. I cannot do anything about the CONTENT in this case is traffic jam. But I can alter my 'CONTEXT' - how I use that time to listen to a music or a discourse without fuming & fretting. The real reason for stress is not the 'CONTENT' but our 'CONTEXT'. By this simple explanation we can train our mind to maintain 'Cool' under all circumstances.
Why so many rich people in the US have to take sleeping pills to sleep? We have been sleeping in the mother's womb ever since we have nucleated? One cannot forget to eat or sleep because anything not learned cannot be forgotten. STRANGE!! Over the years we have screwed up our life with our CONTEXT applied wrongly on every life situation. Animals don't have stress as they have no CONTEXT - interpretation of all events of their life.
Don't miss each precious moments of life in STRSSS which is the choice you have made through your CONTEXT!! Stop worrying & start Living!

With whole my heart.
NC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree or disagree to the shared views?

CHANGE MANAGEMENT

NOT INVENTED HERE SYNDROME NIHS’ - acronym of ‘Not Invented Here Syndrome’ is killer for best practices adoption. Human beings are rebelliou...