Followers

Friday, July 31, 2015

Dying Regret -4:

"I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends"
All of us have come across thousands of human beings during our brief sojourn called life right from primary school, college, profession and so on. All people we have met cannot be classified as 'Friends' but few of them got closer to us with whom we can pour all our feelings with trust. Rest of them are our 'intellectual companions' or 'business contacts' which has material value but less in emotional values.
Some of us are very warm and friendly with everyone we come across even if he is a lift operator or rickshaw driver. Some of us 'Cold & unfriendly' thinking we are great. When I see Late JP. Abdul Kalam interacting with younger generations I feel I should be like him in terms of 'tolerance, patience & warmth'. In any human interaction we have two options - 'putting people off' and another 'make them to remember you'. I feel touching the heart of people is the key for all human beings and it is a matter of attitude. Some people tell me 'If I get closer will loose control'. This is a wrong paradigm as we derive 'power' through people.
Recently I was recollecting all the people who came across in my life and touched my head or heart at some time in some context. Strangely many of them I cannot call them 'Friends' but they are close to my heart. The list was running over tens of thousands. I was trying to connect with them through the social media which is easier these days. I found most of them fondly recalled the good time we spent and were ready to connect again. 
Face book calls 'Friend' which is a great idea.

The Dying regret referred here is not about not getting in touch with the contacts who were lost in oblivion. Interestingly the childhood friends are close to our heart and as we grew older the friendship became more artificial and lags depth. Most of us lost our friends due to lack of initiative from our end to stay in touch with the media available today. More the media made it possible less we are becoming connected since connection is an 'Emotional process'.
May be a decade from now we may be alienated more than ever before due to materially focused lifestyle and insincerity in our relations. Please remember friends include our loved ones too. Although this regret does not mention about loved ones, it is important to take them into account. Just because we are living in the same home it does not mean we 'touch their heart'. Before it becomes too late let's take stock of this situation on our relationship with friends & loved ones and catch up.
Wish you a great life ahead with your loved ones & friends.
With whole of my heart
NC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree or disagree to the shared views?

CHANGE MANAGEMENT

NOT INVENTED HERE SYNDROME NIHS’ - acronym of ‘Not Invented Here Syndrome’ is killer for best practices adoption. Human beings are rebelliou...