Followers

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Articulate for attention

One of my colleague during Lucas TVS days used to jokingly say "You have to speak fast in English if you want others to recognise you". Later I was trying to ponder over his comment in details during my research for my book "Pragmatic Leadership" I wrote for McGraw Hill (India).
In my class I used to remember only the students who spoke maximum and virtually not remembering those never spoke a word. Ironically those who were silent might have grasped maximum than those who were vocal. Alas, you have to be vocal for getting noticed.
In my Middle Ages I was a shy young man hardly had the courage to speak in any group; may be because I studied in vernacular medium I was not confident of speaking in English. Later I noticed one of the factor for moving ahead in career is 'To articulate without hesitation expressing ones views'.
Even I was confident to take responsibility my seniors did not think so because I was not expressive. When I started my consulting company I learned, the only weapon I have is 'Ability to articulate my thoughts & wisdom' adding value for which my client is willing to pay.
It took pretty long time to muster courage to articulate my views in front of people of high stature. Please remember if you want the World to notice you, you have to learn how to articulate without any inhibitions.
"Make your way by speaking confidently"
With whole of my heart
NC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree or disagree to the shared views?

CHANGE MANAGEMENT

NOT INVENTED HERE SYNDROME NIHS’ - acronym of ‘Not Invented Here Syndrome’ is killer for best practices adoption. Human beings are rebelliou...