Followers

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Getting along moves you along

In my middle ages I was an angry young man either always 'upset' or preparing to get upset. These are the two states one can find me! I used to discover reasons to brood and this world has no short supplies for reasons for worrying & obsession!!
I hardly found people around me or willing to work with me; where is the question of accepting me as a leader? In spite of my brilliant academic & professional performance records I was not getting promotions.
I came to a conclusion that the whole universe is conspiring to trouble me and create my situation. This was the easiest way to avoid blaming myself. As I said earlier many times one 'who knows not that he knows not is a fool' and I was one among them till my mentor moved me to the state "One who knows that he knows not" in which state I accepted my folly and stopped defending.
My mentor Mr. Anandakumaran Nair (my boss in Lucas TVS) opened my eyes and said "You must change your behaviour by which many people flocking around is the proof. If you wish to do that, you have to grab the opportunity to help them and be kind" I accepted his wisdom and took a U turn surprising people with my kind & helping behaviour which made all the difference in life. A new degree of freedom dawned on me and I was more happy than the people around me!
I learned in a hard way the lesson "I have born to live in harmony with all fellow human beings and my true nature is being happy and make everyone around me happy. One cannot achieve anything if we don't get along with others as all that makes our life from tooth brush to air plane were made by others. Shahjahan could not have built Taj Mahal but for the support of thousands of craftsmen who made his dream a reality. We remember his love towards Mumtaj due those who killed themselves for making this master piece.
Remember: "If you think you can move the mountain yourself, you have mistaken - soon you will find you are a loner in this planet ignored even by your own loved ones. Learn to 'Get along to move along the ladder both in corporate and personal life"
Good day
With whole of my heart
NC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree or disagree to the shared views?

CHANGE MANAGEMENT

NOT INVENTED HERE SYNDROME NIHS’ - acronym of ‘Not Invented Here Syndrome’ is killer for best practices adoption. Human beings are rebelliou...