Followers

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Hard Work Syndrome

From childhood we have been hearing this phrase "Hard work"! In my opinion there is nothing called hard work! In fact there is nothing called 'Work' and 'Play' as all are 'Play' if you have the right attitude. When you play tennis which involves more tiresome work but you feel fresh after play. But you are tired even before reaching office! Why? Then what is the true meaning of hard work?
Does this mean 'Physically hard?" Or "Mentally hard?". People tell me 'Why are you working so hard at this age?'. I feel disgusted to hear this as I don't feel I am working 'hard' because "I only working for my pleasure".
The work is 'hard' only when we hate to do it; when you are passionate about it then work is a pleasure. The work is hard or soft depends on our attitude towards work.
Tell me the mother looking after the infant throughout the day is 'Hard work?' You will say no! Why? Because she enjoys doing it!
You roam around in vacation with family which involves lots is physical exertion - Do you call it 'Hard work'? No, because of your attitude.
I continued my education and work till 38 years of my age working 20 hours a day and never felt 'I am working hard'. Now I travel 20 days a month all over the Globe to deliver lectures & consulting. I feel good and never me or my family feel I am working hard. This is because I do enjoy everything be it playing my keyboard or travelling or playing with my grandchildren or delivering value to my clients.
Please remove the word 'Hard work' from your dictionary and enjoy all moments of your life. This will improve your quality of life as well as health. Never ever program your child saying 'You must work hard to come up in life' instead tell them 'You must enjoy what you do to come up in life'
With whole of my heart
NC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree or disagree to the shared views?

CHANGE MANAGEMENT

NOT INVENTED HERE SYNDROME NIHS’ - acronym of ‘Not Invented Here Syndrome’ is killer for best practices adoption. Human beings are rebelliou...