Followers

Thursday, August 27, 2015

If you can't get what you want, love what you got


After living life for 65 years I have learned one lesson clearly and that is: "Life is designed to give you most often what you don't want!". This is the 'Moment of truth" As Shivkera once said "When you got lemon either you can cry or make lemonade
When I was in school final like any other boy I dreamt to become a Graduate engineer as in those day it is a stigma to become a Diploma engineer. Many Companies refused to promote Diploma engineers beyond certain positions. Knowing this I was stubborn to go for only graduation in engineering.
The moment of truth was my parents had no resources to send me to engineering college. Finally I was virtually dragged into the polytechnic which I hated the most. This is a state where I have to make up my mind to take it or leave it. I realised 'Leaving it is more risky than moving forward! Loving something which you did not want is the most difficult task at that tender age of 17!! Eventually I did it completing my Diploma with a state rank.
This attitude gave me the power to become a self made man till I finished my Degree with first rank in the university and a Masters in IIT later. I believe every problem is a seed of equivalent benefits"
With this episode I learned few lessons as below:

1. There is no one sitting there in heaven for granting you all that I want.
2. What falls in my way has to be taken as "Prasad of Lord" and pursued with vigour. God sends obstacle to make you a better human being. A compressed coal becomes a diamond.
3. When one door is closed there is many opens. Don't keep on complaining about life. If I have the right attitude i will make a difference in this planet.
4. Attitude makes or Mars my life. Hence always be positive at any unfavourable situation.
With whole of heart
NC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree or disagree to the shared views?

CHANGE MANAGEMENT

NOT INVENTED HERE SYNDROME NIHS’ - acronym of ‘Not Invented Here Syndrome’ is killer for best practices adoption. Human beings are rebelliou...